HDBaseT™ in Action
5Play™ on a Single Cable
Valens HDBaseT™ technology empowers plug-and-play digital connectivity between ultra-HD video sources and remote displays. Its 5Play feature set enables the convergence of uncompressed ultra-HD video(up to 4K and audio), 100BaseT Ethernet, USB 2.0, up to 100W of power, and various control signals through a single 100m/328ft cable.
The Ultimate Solution for Digital Signage
Valens offers an unmatched solution for digital signage. Whether you're a professional integrator or a manufacturer of signage displays – Valens HDBaseT technology is the ultimate solution for you. Why?
Go Long – Forget cable length limitations. Valens HDBaseT™ technology can go up to 100 meters long for a single hop and a total of 800 meters with up to 8 hops.
Go Smooth – With Valens HDBaseT™ chips you don't have to compromise on quality. Our chips deliver smooth, crisp uncompressed ultra-high definition video in up to 4K effective resolution and fully support all 3D video standards.
Go Smart – Valens HDBaseT™ solution reduces installation costs dramatically by:
- Supporting daisy-chain topology deployment, saving on cabling costs.
- Relying on affordable Cat 6 cabling, which is a lot more cost-effective compared to other cabling solutions.
- Reducing required cables to only one by enabling true 5Play™ transmission over a single cable.
- Delivering power on the same cable, eliminating the need to erect electricity infrastructure or hire an electrician.
Go 5Play – Valens HDBaseT™ delivers complete 5Play™ feature-set on a single cable including: video, audio, Ethernet, control and power. This means you can cut required cables down to only one all-inclusive cable.
Go Simple – Valens HDBaseT™ technology relies on standard Cat 6 twisted-pair LAN cable with regular RJ-45 connectors. This means:
- Easy Termination – In-field termination using standard RJ crimpers.
- Easy Deployment – Passes easily through conduit.
- Easy Testing – Use standard low-cost Ethernet testing equipment.
- Utilizes existing infrastructure – Use already deployed LAN infrastructure.
- Robust and Reliable – RJ-45 connectors are highly reliable and include a locking mechanism securing the connector to the socket.
- No Electrician Needed – Valens HDBaseT™ delivers up to 100 watts of power, enough to power a digital signage 42" display. This means you can take the electrician out of the equation and deploy an entire installation without erecting a single power socket for remote devices.
Go Standard – Valens HDBaseT™ sets the path for point-to-point digital interfacing standardization. Part of our HDBaseT™ qualification is the use of standard commands and conventional "language" across various HDBaseT™ source and sink devices. This means you can benefit from a common interface between all HDBaseT™ devices and avoid configuration hassles.
HDBaseT™ Transmission Solutions
HDBaseT™ is extremely useful in AV switching and distribution. Popular applications include:
HDBaseT™ Switching Matrix – Wherever AV switching is required, be sure that HDBaseT is the right solution for you. An HDBaseT switching matrix is capable of receiving various input interfaces, such as HDMI and deliver 5Play™ feature-set to remote HDBaseT enabled devices over a single standard Cat5e/6 cable for a distance of up to 100m/328ft.
Cable Extender – For cases where only point-to-point AV connectivity is required or where the end-point is not HDBaseT-enabled, HDBaseT™ technology can be used. For example, a connection between two HDMI-compliant devices over a long distance can be done using a single Cat5e cable of up to 100m/328ft long.
Valens HDBaseT™ chips are integrated in dozens of devices manufactured by the top leading AV professionals. These devices are successfully deployed every day in numerous installations throughout the globe, simplifying the lives of professional integrators.
Examples of Valens HDBaseT digital signage applications are provided.
Valens HDBaseT™ chips perfectly suit the needs of airport digital signage deployments. Typically, an HDBaseT™ Switching Matrix is used to terminate the source (e.g. PC or DVD/Blu-ray player) and delivers 5Play™ feature-set to the remote digital signage displays. Transmission can be done in a distance of up to 100m/328ft for a single hop and up to 800 meters with 8 x hops, relying on existing LAN infrastructure.
Mall Touch-Screen Kiosk Application
Valens HDBaseT™ technology provides an elegant and practical solution for interactive kiosk installations, especially popular in malls and shopping centers. Typically, an HDBaseT™ Switching Matrix is used to terminate a PC source and deliver 5Play™ feature-set to the remote kiosks. Transmission can be done in a distance of up to 100m/328ft for a single hop and up to 800 meters with 8 x hops, relying on the existing LAN infrastructure. Utilizing Valens integrated control channel, which supports USB relay, kiosks can communicate with the central server to send user actions.