Working at Valens
Valens is a fast-growing fabless chip company with breakthrough HD technology that is set to become the new digital connectivity standard for the home entertainment sector of the consumer electronics market.
Check. By joining our world-class team, you will take on challenging responsibilities and directly impact the bright future of home entertainment.
Check. Valens is a dynamic company with an informal atmosphere. You will work with other talented and dedicated people in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Check. At Valens, you will advance your career in a promising company at the heart of an expanding market. Plus, we are backed by leading venture capital firms.
Please see our current job opportunities below and submit your CV today. If you don’t see the perfect fit for you, please let us know what you are looking for. We are always interested in meeting the best and brightest in the industry.
- Manage QMS and EMS according to ISO9001, ISO14001, IATF16949, VDA 6.3 standards
- Develop and implement cross-company quality methodologies
- Ensure product and processes compliance with applicable regulations
- Serve as customer interface for quality related issues
- Lead internal audits, employees training and continual improvement plans
- Build collaborative working environment and employees engagement
- B.S. Degree in Industrial engineering/Quality engineering or equivalent
- Internal Auditor and CQE Certifications or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience managing quality systems according to ISO9001 and ISO14001
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office professional level
- Knowledge of IATF 16949, CMII/ASPICE, PMP, VDA, JEDEC, IMDS, SharePoint, BI tools.
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry
The Program Manager will Drive and Implement the given business vision and strategy through program execution to hit the market window and company objectives.
Matrix manager that is responsible to integrate, synchronize and synergize the different Operation and R&D tasks in the company across all the functions managers and departments.
Manage the Program execution across the company domains (Silicon Design, FW, HW Design, Operation, Quality, customer support / Application teams, and marketing teams) from Product Definition through full system delivery to Program EOL.
- Organize, plan and oversee Programs schedules and budgets.
- Implement and track the Development Process and Program metrics.
- Manage the program execution communication inbound and outbound.
- Understand and solve customer problem/needs, and enable Valens business
- Strong business acumen and experience in product planning and strategy.
- Exceptional communications and organization skills
- Solid understanding of the silicon design processes, post silicon manufacturing, validation, and software development
- Background in Automotive design requirements and productization – an advantage
- Capable of establishing and maintaining successful relationships with partner organizations
- Role model accountability, possess excellent teamwork, demonstrate problem solving and thinking outside of the box
- Effectively engage with customers
- Make and facilitate decisive decision making under time pressure
Owning and managing Valens A/V related product lines:
- Mastering the product’s ecosystem
- Understanding customers working environment, challenges and requirements
- Master competition, market trends
- Fully understand where strengths and weaknesses lie
- Defining and maintaining product requirements
- Set high level guidelines for a realizable, sellable, profitable product
- Define all of the product’s features
- Define and maintain the product’s software requirements
- Create all relevant product collaterals
- Driving customers to build successful products
- Define all documents, tools, support systems that will enable customers to design and maintain their products
- Ensure quick product launch
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is a must
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is an advantage
- MBA is an advantage
- Looking for Excellence
- 6+ years of embedded design experience (product/project management, ASIC/hardware/firmware development)
- Fields of expertise sought after: board design, ASIC/FPGA design, Video processing, Ethernet, embedded firmware (not all mandatory, but each provides an advantage)
- Project management: proven track record as project manager is an advantage
- Excellent people and management skills
- Innovative, enthusiastic, passionate and with a strong drive to lead own initiatives in the organization - an execution & results driven personality
- Must be a team player with a proven ability to work in a matrix organization (matrix environment with R&D, sales, OPS and Marketing)
- Fluent in English: strong writing and speaking skills
- Willing to frequently travel overseas
Analog/RF IC Design Engineer
- The engineer will work within the Analog/Mixed signal group on circuit design to be used in phy transceivers.
- Responsible for the design from the initial choice of architecture to the final delivery of the product.
- Ability to innovate new techniques to meet challenging circuit requirements.
- Working closely with layout engineers to define the floorplan
- Working closely with other teams i.e. the system team to define the system requirements and the digital team to define the Analog/Digital interface.
- 5+ years' experience in design in one or more of the following; ADCs, DACs, PLLs, LNAs, Mixers and Filters.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of Analog and/or RF IC Design, experience and familiarity with system requirements on one or more of the following wireless standards: WLAN, 10/100/1G Ethernet.
- Familiar with Verilog-AMS modelling, Matlab and laboratory equipment.
- Strong ability to work well in a team is essential along with excellent problem solving skills and communication skills.
- In charge of planning (architecture) and developing (coding) all the needed simulation environments for tests and debugs.
- The simulation environments are used to develop new RTL blocks, Full-chip integration, FPGA code and also to debug and resolve bugs found.
- 2-3 years experience minimum.
- Knowledge in specman advantage.
- Knowledge in uvm advantage.
DSP & Algorithms Engineer
- The qualified candidate will join the DSP & Algorithms Group , for development, analysis, and parameters optimization of Hardwired DSP algorithms for wire-line high speed communication blocks such as adaptive equalizers, Cross-Talk Cancellers and Timing control loops etc.
- Working environment includes MATLAB and Simulink system modeling ,C-code SW writing, and debugging over FPGA platforms using time & frequency domain analysis methods.
- DSP Engineer with expertise in communication systems , and proved experience of minimum 5 years.
- Experience with DSP algorithms implementation using Digital architectures (e.g. FIR/IIR Direct Forms 1/2 ,parallel Filters ) including deep knowledge with Fixed-Point tradeoffs .
- Proved Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink environment.
- Proved experience with writing and debugging Micro-Controller's SW for real-time DSP control algorithms (e.g. FSM , Power calculators, BER calculator).
- Education: BSC/MSC in Electrical Engineering
- Team player inside DSP & Algorithms Group ,and across the company's multi discipline environment (HW,SW,VLSI ,Support ).
- Self motivated and Independent personality .
- Self learner , reliable personality, with high communication skills.
Automation Engineer V&I Department
- Developing Automatic infrastructure for embedded system products at the cutting edge technologies.
- Define and develop solutions for the QA group.
- Guide and support QA engineers writing automatic tests.
- At least 2 years of experience in test automation development or automation tools.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language ( Python / Perl / Ruby / Tcl )
- Hands on Testing multidisciplinary system (HW & FW) .
- Independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communications and analytical skill
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Fluency in Python.
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
Senior Circuit design Engineer
Circuit designer with proven experience in mixed-signal full-chip device, has a top view experience of all aspect of full-chip physical design from floorplan,ESD and IO ring design Package aspects Power/Signal integrity Final Test, Managing and/or supporing PnR team.
- Education: BSc/MSc/PHD in EE from a recognized institution and 10+ years direct CMOS
- Managerial Skill interfacing with internal and external design team (PnR, Package, VLSI, Test .
- Participate in full-chip assembly including floorplan, pad ring, I/O devices, ESD ring, and global signal routing
- Full-chip Power/Signal integrity Full-chip integration guidelines, IP integration. Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English (written and verbal)
- Excellent human relations. Knowledge of deep submicron CMOS design issues is desirable
Hod Hasharon, Israel
- Will Join a multi-tasking dynamic team, and take part in the development and debug of future HDBaseT products.
- Main Interfaces in/outside Valens: R&D team
- BSc/MSc – in Electronic Engineering
- Extensive Verilog Knowledge (design, debug) – must
- Experience working with Specman Engineers - Advantage
- FPGA experience – Advantage
- Professional experience: ~ 5 Years of experience.
Real Time Embedded SW Engineer
Hod Hasharon, Israel
- Work on embedded Real time system.
- Develop high level and low level applications and network protocols in multithreaded environment
- Real time SW development at embedded environment with at least 5 years of experience– must
- Low level development experience – must
- Strong experience in multi-threading environment– must
- Programming languages: C & C++
- Good knowledge and understanding of HW drivers
- Good knowledge in networking & networking protocols – advantage
- System view and high level design background
- Team Player, highly motivated, independent, dynamic, good people and communication skill
- Education - BSc/MSc computer science
- Language skills-Fluent English & Hebrew